- The first consultation is devoted to a detailed History including review of any old records/ultrasounds/Treatment cycles/etc. It is highly recommended that the male partner be present at the initial consultation.
- Semen analysis for the male partner. For more on the sperm parameters and their effects on fertility, please read this ASRM fact sheet: Sperm-morphology.pdf
- Physical examination and Cervical cultures
- Cycle day 3 blood tests (FSH, LH, Estradiol, anti-Mullerian hormone [AMH], TSH, free T4, Prolactin, Vitamin D) and ultrasound.
- HSG (days 6-11). We perform the HSG in our facility, and many patients have found the experience much easier than having it done at a hospital or a radiology suite. Read about the HSG procedure fact sheet at hsg.pdf.
- Sonohysterogram (days 6-11): read ASRM’s fact sheet at SHG.pdf
- Office hysteroscopy (days 6-11) performed in our AAAASF-approved ASC.
- Mammogram in women > 40, or in younger women with positive family history of breast cancer.
- In certain cases, a laparoscopy is needed to further evaluate tubal status or rule out endometriosis, adhesions, or other pathology. To read more about laparoscopy laparoscopy.pdf