Build a family with gestational surrogacy for straight couples
Gestational surrogacy for straight couples is one option available for family building at our Northern Virginia fertility center. Gestational surrogacy is an arrangement where the surrogate, or gestational carrier, has no genetic link to the baby she is carrying. We realize that choosing to build a family through third party reproduction is a big decision, and our goal is to guide hopeful parents through the process.
Who chooses gestational surrogacy for straight couples?
For same sex couples, third party reproduction is the only way a parent can share a biological connection with their baby. However, there are many reasons why straight couples may choose gestational surrogacy, including:
- Medical conditions that prevent a woman from carrying a child, such as a missing uterus or uterine issues, such as extensive scarring, prior uterine surgeries, or weak cervix
- Medical conditions that make it unsafe for a woman to carry a child, including type 1 diabetes, cancer or lupus
- Recurrent miscarriages
- Complications that occurred during a previous delivery or pregnancy
What are a couple’s options?
There are multiple options for gestational surrogacy for straight couples.
- The male partner’s sperm can be used to fertilize the female partner’s eggs. The resulting embryo(s) will be transferred to the gestational carrier.
- If the female partner cannot provide her own eggs, the couple can choose a family member to be an egg donor or they can choose a woman from our egg donor program or buy frozen eggs from an egg bank. The donor eggs are combined with the male partner’s sperm.
- If the male partner cannot provide his own sperm, the couple can choose a sperm donor. The donor sperm will be combined with the female partner’s eggs.
- The final option is using donor sperm to fertilize donor eggs, and transferring the resulting embryo(s) to the gestational carrier.
Why choose our Northern Virginia fertility center for surrogacy?
Gestational surrogacy for straight couples at our Northern Virginia fertility center is a truly personalized process. Patients feel uniquely cared for in our boutique setting. Our highly qualified and experienced reproductive endocrinologist, Fady Sharara, M.D., supports couples every step of the way. He and our caring staff make everyone from the couple to their gestational carrier and donor(s) feel respected and valued during this life-changing process.
Ask our staff about our unique Surrogacy Refund Plan – another policy that makes our Northern Virginia fertility center an excellent choice for so many couples.
Gestational surrogacy may be the answer couples have been searching for to build their families. Contact us for an appointment. We’re conveniently located near Washington, DC in Reston, VA.
Discover LGBT Fertility at VCRM
LGBT couples benefit from the expertise and experience our Virginia fertility center has in working with same-sex couples.