Learning the truth about celebrity moms over 40
At our Virginia fertility center, we see many women who want to have children after the age of 40. Oftentimes, these women have learned about their potential to have children later in life thanks to the high-profile pregnancies of the famous. However, not everyone knows the truth about celebrity moms over 40.
The secrets of celebrity moms over 40
Celebrity moms are just like us. Like all women, they are born with all the eggs they will ever have. By the time a woman reaches 35, the quality of her remaining eggs starts to dramatically decline. This makes it harder for her to get pregnant, increases her risk of pregnancy complications and leads to higher rates of birth defects. As a result, many celebrity moms over 40 as well as everyday women rely on fertility treatments to conceive.
Here are some treatment options for hopeful moms over 40 that can help them beat the odds.
- Fertility medication. Because time is of the essence for moms over 40, fertility medication can help women boost their chances of getting pregnant.
- Egg donation. Sometimes a woman’s eggs are too low-quality for a successful pregnancy. Our Virginia fertility center runs a high-quality egg donor program that can help women with poor egg quality become pregnant.
- IVF. In vitro fertilization is a powerful tool that can help women and couples become pregnant. Combined with preimplantation genetic testing (PGT), it can help women avoid having children with birth defects or genetic diseases.
- Sperm donation. For women without a male partner or whose male partner has low sperm quality, sperm donation through intrauterine insemination (IUI) or IVF can make all the difference.
- Surrogacy. Women who are already experiencing menopause or have other reasons why they cannot become pregnant can use a gestational surrogate to carry their child.
We recommend that women over 35 who have been trying to become pregnant without success for six months or longer come in for a consultation.
The star treatment
Whether you’re headlining the next blockbuster or work just down the block, when you visit our Virginia fertility center, you are receiving world-class care backed by the same science and expertise that has made miracles happen for the Hollywood elite.
To learn more about how we help hopeful moms over 40 achieve their fertility dreams or to schedule an appointment, contact our office.